Two group stages and a Final Four for the new season in EUROHOLD BIBL - Sep 17, 2012
follow us on
The new season in EUROHOLD BIBL will have 10 teams that are divided in two groups. The campaign will start on October 16th and will finish on April 21st, 2013. This season there will be two group stages and then a Final Four to determine the new champion.
Here is the system of competition for season 2012/2013:
- Ten (10) teams shall be divided into 2 (two) groups (A and B) consisting of five (5) teams each. Each team shall play with the other teams in its own group home and away games (eight (8) games for each team). The teams from the same country shall be devided in different groups (if possible).
- The allocation of the teams shall be decided by the management of BIBL according to geogrpahical location, travel costs and foreign-affairs matters.
- The teams placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each group will qualify for the group C.
- The teams placed 4th and 5th in each group will play in the group D.
- The 6 (six) teams qualified for group C, will keep the results between them from the first stage and will play with the three teams from the other group home and away games.
- The first 4 (four) teams in the final standing in group C qualify for the Final Four.
- The 4 (four) teams qualified for group D, will keep the results between them from the first stage and will play with the two teams from the other group home and away games.
- All four teams which qualified for the Final Four, shall be entitled to submit their candidature to host the Final Four.
- The 4 (four) teams, qualified from the Champions group, play as follows:
1 Team ranked 1st vs. Team ranked 4th
2 Team ranked 2nd vs. Team ranked 3rd
- The winners of these games qualify for the Final (Winner 1 vs Winner 2)
- If two teams from the same country qualify for the Final Four, these teams shall meet in the Semi-Final.
- The winner of the Final game shall be named BIBL Champion.
The new BIBL season is starting to take shape - 3 days ago
follow us on
The next season of SIGAL-UNIQA Balkan League is starting to take shape and soon there will be an official information about it. The league already has verbal confirmation from most of last seasons teams that they will be a part of the competition next year as well. Of course, as its always the case, BIBL will announce any participatint after officially receiving all necessary documents [read more]
The next season of SIGAL-UNIQA Balkan League is starting to take shape and soon there will be an official information about it. The league already has verbal confirmation from most of last seasons teams that they will be a part of the competition next year as well. Of course, as its always the case, BIBL will announce any participatint after officially receiving all necessary documents. SIGAL-UNIQA Balkan League will continue its full cooperation with FIBA like in the past eight years following the Official Basketball Rules, FIBA by-laws, and of course in full collaboration with the National Federations The next season of the competition will consist of 10 or 12 teams. The structure and the system will remain the same with First Stage, then Top 8, semifinals and Finals. The management of the league is also working very hard in recent months to finish a deal with a new additional sponsor. A development is expected in the next weeks and as soon as a deal is completed it will be announced by all parties involved. If this deal is eventually closed, it will bring also better conditions to the clubs and financial rewards. Courtesy of: balkanleague.net
Antonis Konstantinides that worked with Sigal Prishtina last season, has signed with elite Greek club A.G.O Rethymno Aegean. Cypriot coach has won title, Cup and Balkan League with Sigal Prishtina last year and didn't continue with the club because of familiar reasons. He was today appointed officially as a new coach of A.G.O Rethymno Aegean where he signed one year deal. Konstantinides is 42 years old and before coming to Sigal Prishtina, he was working with CS Energia Rovinari Tar... [read more]
Rilski Sportist Samokov (NBL) agreed terms with 32-year old Croatian power forward Nenad Delic (210-112kg-84). He played last season at Peja in Kosovan SuperLeague. In 24 games he was second best scorer with 13.9ppg and averaged 5.6rpg (#3 in the league) and 2.0apg. Delic helped them to win the Supercup and make to league final. Quite impressive season as he was named to Eurobasket.com All-Kosovo League 1st Team and to the All-Star Game. Delic also played 10 games in Balkan International... [read more]
Rilski Sportist Samokov (NBL) agreed terms with 32-year old Croatian power forward Nenad Delic (210-112kg-84). He played last season at Peja in Kosovan SuperLeague. In 24 games he was second best scorer with 13.9ppg and averaged 5.6rpg (#3 in the league) and 2.0apg. Delic helped them to win the Supercup and make to league final. Quite impressive season as he was named to Eurobasket.com All-Kosovo League 1st Team and to the All-Star Game. Delic also played 10 games in Balkan International Basketball League where he had very remarkable stats: 19.0ppg, 8.7rpg, 2.8apg and 1.0spg. It was another spectacular season as he was named to Eurobasket.com All-Balkan League 1st Team. The previous (14-15) season Delic played at Banijas (D1) in UAE league. The 2013-14 season he played at Istanbul DSI (TBL) in Turkish league. In 30 games Delic recorded 14.7ppg, 6.6rpg and 1.8apg. The most of 2012-13 season he spent at Inter Bratislava (SBL) in Slovakian league. In 17 games Delic recorded 8.4ppg, 4.1rpg and 1.0apg. He also played for Pi Koleji (TB3L) in Turkish league that season. In 15 games Delic recorded 14.6ppg, 7.4rpg and 1.9apg. He won Slovakian League championship title in 2013. Delic was a member of Croatian U21 National Team back in 2004. He is quite experienced player. Delic's career allowed him to visit three different continents, while he played in four different countries. Delic tasted the life as pro basketball player in Europe, Asia and of course North America. He has played previously professionally in Germany (EWE Baskets), Switzerland (Starwings), Croatia (KK Split, Slavonski Brod, KK Solin and Vrijednosnice OS) and Slovakia (Handlova). On Delic:
Young developing player whose progress had been slowed down by the various injuries. Last year was injury free and he showed the promise to develop into a really good player. Very skilled player who can play with his back to the basket or facing the basket, exceptional passer who understands the game really well. Plays within a team concept and is sometimes, too unselfiush. His offense is far more developed at this stage. Needs to improve his defense, especially 1 - 1 post defense and be more dominant under the boards.Help side defense also needs work especially for a player of his size and physical potential. Works hard in practice and is a very coachable player.
Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Eurobasket Inc. Disclaimer
Do not copy, redistribute, publish or otherwise exploit information that you download from the site !
Do not encumber, license, modify, publish, sell, transfer or transmit, or in any way exploit, any of the
content of the site, nor will you attempt to do so.