#1. This week''s number one is former international guard Sasa Cadjo (178-89). She was the major contributor in a Hemofarm Stada''s victory against the third-ranked Jagodina 2001 (0-0) 85-70 in the Serbian A League in Wednesday night''s game.
Cadjo recorded 20 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists in 27 minutes on the court.
It was the game of the round between two top 3 ranked teams in group Play Off. Hemofarm Stada Vrsac (0-0) is placed second.
Cadjo has individually a very good year with high stats. She averages: 21.0ppg, 5.5rpg, 4.5apg, 2.5spg, 2FGP: 64.3%, 3FGP: 44.4% and FT: 92.3% in the two games she played so far.
Cadjo played for the Bosnia and Herzegovina senior national team four years ago.
#2. Second place goes to an international guard Amra Mehmedic (177-81). She led Satu Mare to an easy victory against the 13th-ranked Olimpia (6-22) crushing them 98-67 in the Romanian D1 last Saturday.
Mehmedic recorded 15 points and added 7 passes.
CSM Satu Mare (21-7) is placed fifth in the D1.
There are only three games left until the end of the Regular Season. So now every game will be critical.
It''s Mehmedic''s first season with the team.
Mehmedic is currently first on the league''s list of best passers.
She has very reliable stats this season: 11.5ppg, 3.6rpg, 5.6apg, 2.2spg, 2FGP: 55.2%(74-134), 3FGP: 33.6% and FT: 76.9%.
Mehmedic is in the roster of the Bosnia and Herzegovina senior national team.
#3. The Bosnia and Herzegovina player who performed third best last week abroad was former U18 international forward Ana Niksic (181-91), who plays in the Serbian A League. She could not help Crvena Zvezda (0-0) in their last game. Despite Niksic''s good performance the first-placed Crvena Zvezda was edged 66-65 in a derby game by the lower-ranked (#7) Vozdovac in the Play Off group.
She scored 11 points and grabbed 6 rebounds in 29 minutes.
Niksic is currently fourth on the list of most steals with 3.2spg.
This year her other stats are: 14.2ppg, 6.6rpg, 2.5apg, 2FGP: 56.9%(103-181), 3FGP: 24.5% and FT: 75.4% in the 24 games.
Niksic played for the Bosnia and Herzegovina U18 national team four years ago.
#4. Guard Irena Vrancic (167-90) faced previously mentioned Ana Niksic in the Serbian A League last game.
Vrancic contributed to Vozdovac''s surprising victory against the leader Crvena Zvezda (0-0) 66-65 in a derby game.
She scored 9 points and grabbed 5 rebounds.
Vrancic''s overall stats this season are: 7.5ppg, 3.0rpg and 1.5spg.
She used to play for the Bosnia and Herzegovina U18 national team
back in 2008.
#5. Former U18 international guard Dzenita Novi (180-93) was not able to help AJM Maribor (13-7) in their game against Ilrija (12-8) in the Slovenian SKL.
Novi scored 7 points and grabbed 6 rebounds in 18 minutes.
AJM Maribor (#3) lost 58-63 on the road to the lower-ranked (#5) Ilrija in the Places 1-6 group.
They ended the series of five consecutive victories.
Novi has relatively good stats this year: 12.0ppg, 5.8rpg, 1.5apg and 1.4spg in the 15 games.
She used to play for the Bosnia and Herzegovina U18 national team
two years ago.
#6. Guard Tamara Kapor (184-91) was not able to secure a victory for Radivoj Korac (0-0) in their game against Vojvodina (0-0) in the Serbian A League.
Kapor scored 5 points.
Radivoj Korac (#5) was defeated 58-52 in Novi Sad by the lower-ranked Vojvodina (#6) in the Play Off group.
Kapor''s overall stats this season are: 5.0ppg and 2.5rpg.
She is an international player who is currently on the senior Bosnia and Herzegovina National Team roster.
The list of other players, who all have Bosnia and Herzegovina passport but never been selected to any of Bosnia and Herzegovina national teams:
#1. Experienced Mirna Paunovic (185-F/C-76), who plays in the German DBBL could not help one of league''s weakest teams Eisvogel Freiburg (15-7) in their last game on Saturday. Despite her very good performance Eisvogel Freiburg was defeated 84-79 on the road by the second-ranked Rhein Main Baskets.
Paunovic was the second best scorer with 20 points. She also added 4 passes.
The Regular Season already ended.
Paunovic is one of the most experienced players in a team as it''s her seventh year in Eisvogel Freiburg''s roster.
Paunovic has individually a very good season with high stats. She averages: 15.3ppg, 4.0rpg and 2.4apg.
#2.Selma Delibasic (194-C-80) was the major contributor in a Consum.it Siena''s victory against the 14th-ranked Il Fotoamatore Firenze (2-19) 64-48 in the Italian A2 (12th division) last Saturday.
Delibasic had a double-double by scoring 19 points and getting 14 rebounds. She also added and 3 steals in 37 minutes.
Consum.it Siena (6-13) is placed 11th in South group.
This year Delibasic''s overall stats are: 9.3ppg, 8.6rpg and 1.7spg in the 19 games she played so far.
Other top Bosnia and Herzegovina players, who play abroad:
Notice: The list above includes only some of the Bosnia and Herzegovina playing currently abroad. Go to Bosnia and Herzegovina Abroad Page to see completed list.
Eurobasket.com All-Bosnia and Herzegovina League Awards 2013 - May 17, 2013
follow us on
Player of the Year: Jelena Velinovic (193-C-81) of Mladi Krajisnik; Guard of the Year: Irena Vrancic (167-G-90) of Mladi Krajisnik; Forward of the Year: Dragana Stankovic (193-PF-95) of UNIQA Eurol.; Center of the Year: Jelena Velinovic (193-C-81) of Mladi Krajisnik; Domestic Player of the Year: Dragana Stankovic (193-PF-95) of UNIQA Eurol.; Bosman Player of the Year: Jelena Velinovic (193-C-81) of Mladi Krajisnik; Defensive Player of the Year: Dragana Stankovic (193-PF-95) of UNIQA Eurol.; Coac [read more]
Eurobasket.com All-Bosnia and Herzegovina League 1st Team 2013
Bosnian specialist Zoran Mikes and his team WBC Mladi Krajisnik won the National Cup and Championship of Bosnia and Herzegovina for season 12/13. Mikes was named Eurobasket.com Coach of the Year -11,-12 and -13 [read more]
Bosnian specialist Zoran Mikes and his team WBC Mladi Krajisnik won the National Cup and Championship of Bosnia and Herzegovina for season 12/13. Mikes was named Eurobasket.com Coach of the Year -11,-12 and -13. Also, Zoran Mikes was Head Coach of Bosnia and Herzegovina Women National Team -06-08, Bosnia and Herzegovina Cup Winner -10, 13, Bosnia and Herzegovina League Champion -11 The basketball season has just finished in Bosnia and WBC Mladi Krajisnik won the National Cup and Championship of Bosnia and Herzegovina. This is his 4th time as a Head Coach to win with the same club 4 times Championship and 4 times National Cup of Bosnia
1. This season was very succesfull for you. You won the Championship and the Cup. Can you tell us more about this season it? I am very satisfied with this season.We kept only three players from last years roster. We brought a few very talented players and we made good combination of youth and experienced players. As the time went by, we have played better and better. At the end of the season we played the best when it mattered the most,so I am very glad about it.Also,at the end of the season WNBA star Nykesha Sales came to our team and we just showed our domination in all competitions in Bosnia.
2. It is unusual for a coach to stay in one place for more than 10 years. How did you manage this? First,I think that the fact that we have good results makes you stay in one place. I was also happy working with my staff,the assistant coach and everyone involved with the team.But as I said first,results are the most important in our work.
3. You are known in Bosnia as a coach who always requires order,work and discipline? I think this is the only way to be succesefull. In my team players respect these rules and I am very pleased that we found young players who accept such a rules. I believe that basketball talent is not just a sense for the game of basketball.It is combination of basketball knowledge,dedication to hard work,persistence,character,willingness to make sacrifices and dedication to the team.
4. Your U 16 team also played very well in the Adriatic league U 16? Yes,our young team played great in Adriatic league U 16 and in the end we deserved to qualified for the Final Four of the competition where we took 3rd place.
5. You are the coach of U 18 women National team of Bosnia and Herzegovina.What are your expectations for European Championship division B which will be held this summer in Miskolc,Hungary? After several years, Basketball Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina decided to start again with the young national teams.They offered me to be a coach of U 18 selection because I have experience of working with a Senior National Team which qualified for Eurobasket Qualification 2009. We have a lot of talents in the U 18 team and I hope that we can be surprise on EU Champioship division B. Bosnia always had talented players but now we can offer them good working conditions and they will improve a lot during this summer. 6.Do you have some plans for the next season? I am currently dedicated to the National Team,but I believe that the time has come to try abroad if I get a deal that would be in the line with my ambitions.
Thank you for the interview Coach Mikes, Eurobasket and Tamara Ruzic wish you a lot of success in your career coaching career.
Domination of WBC Mladi Krajisnik in Bosnia has continued for 2012./2013. season
WBC Mladi Krajisnik won their 4th Bosnian Championship with 10-0 record in Bosnian league for championship.In their last game Mladi Krajisnik won against WBC Borac Zovko Osiguranje 82-51.The best player in the last game was Jelena Velinovic (193-C-81) with 20 points and 13 rebounds, followed by Irena Vrancic (167-G-90) scored 8 points and has 13 assits from Mladi Krajisnik [read more]
Domination of WBC Mladi Krajisnik in Bosnia has continued for 2012./2013. season WBC Mladi Krajisnik won their 4th Bosnian Championship with 10-0 record in Bosnian league for championship.In their last game Mladi Krajisnik won against WBC Borac Zovko Osiguranje 82-51.The best player in the last game was Jelena Velinovic (193-C-81) with 20 points and 13 rebounds, followed by Irena Vrancic (167-G-90) scored 8 points and has 13 assits from Mladi Krajisnik.In the other team Miljana Dzombeta (169-PG-94) had 16 points and Milica Maksic (186-C-84) ended up with 13 points. WBC Mladi Krajisnik dominated all the year winning National Championship and National Cup of Bosnia
Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Eurobasket Inc. Disclaimer
Do not copy, redistribute, publish or otherwise exploit information that you download from the site !
Do not encumber, license, modify, publish, sell, transfer or transmit, or in any way exploit, any of the
content of the site, nor will you attempt to do so.