1) New season in Pizza Express Apollon Limassol, what are you goals with the team? First want to thank God and Apollon amazing organization for bringing me in as 1 of their Professional Athletes for the 2012/2013 Euro Season. My goal is to be a leader and professional on and off the court for Pizza Express Apollon Limassol. Help my Team Win a Championship and represent my country and the country of Cyprus with pride and respect. Because not to many people get the chance God has bless me with by being here playing with the name Pizza Express Apollon Limassol on the front of my jersey
2) You have the fame of the fan favorite everywhere you go how comes? Hahahaha thats a blessing that God has blessed me with, but I think its because when people watch me play. They see Im not just playing the sport to win. But Im having fun on the court also. Plus the style of game I play makes it always an exciting game. I try my hardest to give the fans what they pay their hard earned $$$ to watch the game, because you never know what type of MaJic imam show you.
3) Basketball people in Cyprus want to know more about you, can you introduce yourself. First thing of all Im truly happy to be in your country showing my talent. And Im here to win. Next I want to show love for my hometown Baltimore City. Its a big reason of my success today other then God and my family and friends who always believed in me. Baltimore was very rough for me growing up. So it makes me strong on and off the court because I know if anyone can make it on the streets of Baltimore City. You can make it through life anywhere. Next a lot of people ask me how I got the name MaJic. Well it was a name giving to me during a TV Show I did for ESPN called "AND 1 STREETBALL THE LIFE" during that time I was the #1 point guard in USA for Juco College Basketball. Furthermore I was invited to NBA Pre Draft Camp Top 60 players in the world. And NBA scouts was still calling Magic. But NBA great Magic Johnson was the real Magic. So I wasn't going to use it no more. But I was picked to do a TV Show for Magic Johnson on MTV and he said don't worry u can use it. Just change the spelling of it. So I paid to copy write it and changed it to the spelling MaJic. So its my official name on my driving License now.
4) Apollon team want to challenge for the title this year and eventually to win it, what is your personal ambition with the team considering the fact that Apollon never won the title before? My main reason for coming here this season is to help lead Apollon to its first ever championship, along with the head coach and assistant coaching staff that we have. I think we can do that this season. The recruiting job the coaches did is amazing. We have every piece to win it all. Plus the way the coaches coach makes the game fun and a lot easier to learn from mistakes we all make on the court. Theres nothing like having a player coach. And thats they way they coaching us. They see the things we need to approve in as players on and off the court and apply it to practice and every day normal life since I been here. That makes my job a whole lot easier, as the leader and point guard of the team. Whatever coach tell me to do thats what I tell the players to do and let everything else take its place through God
5) You have some days in Cyprus and pre-season already started how you see things developing I came here to work. And since I landed of the plane here in Cyprus thats what I been doing. This team is about to be something special. I really feel that. Every coach, every player, every organization staff member is doing their part to make sure we are a winning team. So that feeling is good also to see that happening. All I can say is I would make this home for me forever. Because its one of the most gorgeous beaches and places I have ever been. The food is amazing. The people are amazing, and Im big on great weather. I talk with each player, and we all feel the same way. So everyone working hard to make sure they stay apart of this team. So things are developing quickly and more than any team I have ever played on in my professional career.
6) Did you know anything for Apollon before you sign up? If you a real professional basketball athlete overseas. Then everyone knows about basketball in Cyprus, and that Apollon is one of the best Clubs in this country along with a few others. Thats why when they contact me to sign a 1 year deal. I didn't hesitate to join.
7) Do you know anyone of your new teammates? Yes I teamed with Brandon Brown in Mexico for Power House Xalapa Halcones and also we teamed in Ecuador for 2011 National League Champs "Mavort" also i knew of Diego, Gerald and Jaron before I joined team and knew they was great players and would be big pieces to the puzzle of winning a ship.
8) Apollon has European game in a few days, how prepared will be the team? From the look of our team as a point guard I think we going be something very special this season. We only been together a week. But that vibe and feeling is just amazing right now, but we will see in a few days just how special things will turn out for all of us.
9) Apollon fans are demanding are you ready to bring them some success to the club? Yes I have heard of how demanding they are, but I also heard how amazing there are also. I heard they the type of fans that got your back as long as you got there back. And to me thats what family do. So Im just happy to be a part of the family and hope my new family ready for work and for a great show. They do their part and we do our part and at the end of the day we all go home as WINNERS!
10) Give us your message for the fans For my fans around the world. You know how much I love y'all. Thanks for always being there for me, and showing me love and support. No matter what country Im in performing my God giving talent. You know where to reach me. If you have any questions or need advice. Im here for you just as well as you always there for me. "God Bless and thank you so much for Believing in MaJic" Grrrrrrrrr <<>><<>>
During the 6th week Keravnos Strovolou (who's currently in the first position of the league after six games with a 5-1 record) dominated at all edges and got a small revenge from Paralimni is the team of Coach Papadopoulos was the one and only to force the Strovolos team (during the first round) to suffer their only (until now) defeat in the competition. The final score 43-75 says it all!! Coach Livadiotis troops remembered very well what has happened in their home court a month ago and w... [read more]
During the 6th week Keravnos Strovolou (who's currently in the first position of the league after six games with a 5-1 record) dominated at all edges and got a small revenge from Paralimni is the team of Coach Papadopoulos was the one and only to force the Strovolos team (during the first round) to suffer their only (until now) defeat in the competition. The final score 43-75 says it all!! Coach Livadiotis troops remembered very well what has happened in their home court a month ago and were very focused from the first to the last minute of the game leaving no space for a second surprise to E.N. Paralimni. Obviously there is a long distance between the two teams and this shown from the early stage of the game as the first period ended with 8-20 for the host team followed by a new triple score at the end of the first half with 8-24 with Keravnos leading the game already with 16-44 giving an early end to the game. Coach Livadiotis had the chance to use players that didn't have sufficient time in the previous games while he used many youngsters and rookies such as Panagiotis Markou (189-G-96) who played 24 minutes having 6 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 1 turnover in all around performance from the talent from Limassol, while minutes were received by the youngster Orestis Andreou (188-F/G-98) (in 5 minutes he scored 3 points, 2 steals, 1 assist and 1 turnover) and another 3:30 minutes by another talented youngster, Pavlos Stavrinidis (202-G-99) (3 points and 1 rebound)
The third period was a simple routine for the players of both the teams for different reasons, E.N. Paralimni tried to minimize the loss but it was obvious that the psychological factor was not with them, the 11-17 of the period is once more showing that they had scoring issues as only Jarvis Ray was scoring being also the top scorer but the only player on double digits (17 points, 6 rebound, 2 assists, 4 steals and 2 turnovers) and none of his team-mates scored more than 7 points (Kevin Thomas). On the other hand, Keravnos Strovolou who played this game without two of its starters (Stylianou and Abukar remain on bench) played control basketball with Terell Parks (204-C/F-91, college: W.Illinois) being the MVP of the game and the top scorer in his top performing game with Keravnos jersey, The American power forward ended the game with 24 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1, steal, 1 block shot and 2 turnovers in a bit less than 25 minutes in action)
The fourth period where everything was ended E.N. Paralimni "beat" Keravnos youngsters with 16-14 and the final result became official. With another great organizational performance by Barker who ended the game with 12 assist (5 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 turnovers in 25:25 active minutes) and the "soldier" O' Brien who remain on court for 27:38 minutes recording another double-double figure with 11 points, 10 rebounds, followed by Ross who recorded 13 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals and 4 turnovers in nearly 34 minutes... E.N. Paralimni is recording now a 3-3 being in the 4th spot with a +2 from the last two teams on the board..
The other two games of the week were characterized by the "easy" victory of APOEL over the champion team of AEK Larnakas with 89-77. APOEL's MVP was Akeem Wright (200-F/G-84, college: Kansas St.) who ended the game with 21 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals and 5 turnovers, followed by the very good Murphy Burnatowski with 15 points and 3 rebounds, while on the other hand, AEK for another game without its basic center Primoz Brezec was an easy task for APOEL, Coach Gavriel saw only Torey Thomas (178-PG-85, college: Holy Cross) trying for the best and nobody else stood with gatts on the derby, Thomas ended the game 17 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists, followed by Harris's 12 points and Trisokkas 11 and that was it... APOEL balanced it's record with AEK but bypassed the Larnaka team since the +12 deficit it's giving to APOEL at this stage the second spot. Both teams have a 4-2 record.
On the third and final game of the sixth week, the history recorded the easy win of ETHA Engomis over the weird team of Apollon Limassol with 86-61 (Maxie Esho's another great performance with 23 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 assists, followed by Walket's same performance with 22 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists) were the night's major factors, while from Apollon only Raines tried who ended with another double-double with 20 points and 13 rebounds, followed by Jermaine Marshall who ended the game with 15 points, were not enough to help their team to succeed something better than another easy loss with 25 points deficit... ETHA is currently on the sixth position recording the same with APollon Limassol as both the teams have an 1-5 record.
JDA Dijon Bourgogne (ProA) is close to sign 31-year old Cypriot international power forward Anthony King (206-110kg-85, college: Miami, FL) who played last time at Gaziantep Basketbol in Turkey. He is a dual citizen owning also American passport. In 32 BSL games he recorded 6.8ppg and 4.4rpg last season. King also played 14 games in FIBA Europe Cup where he averaged 7.6ppg, 5.1rpg, 1.7apg and 1.1bpg. The previous (14-15) season he played at Artland Dragons in German BBL. In 26 games he ha... [read more]
JDA Dijon Bourgogne (ProA) is close to sign 31-year old Cypriot international power forward Anthony King (206-110kg-85, college: Miami, FL) who played last time at Gaziantep Basketbol in Turkey. He is a dual citizen owning also American passport. In 32 BSL games he recorded 6.8ppg and 4.4rpg last season. King also played 14 games in FIBA Europe Cup where he averaged 7.6ppg, 5.1rpg, 1.7apg and 1.1bpg. The previous (14-15) season he played at Artland Dragons in German BBL. In 26 games he had 9.3ppg, 5.2rpg, 1.3apg and 1.0bpg. King also played 10 games in Eurocup where he got 12.8ppg, 5.6rpg and 2.2apg. The list of the past achievements is quite long as among others his team made it to the Bundesliga Semifinals in 2012 and 2014. King was also voted Eurobasket.com All-German Bundesliga 3rd Team in 2014. He represented Cyprus at the Qualifications to European Championships 2017 this year. His stats at that event were 6 games: 9.7ppg, 7.0rpg, 2.5apg, 1.0bpg, FGP: 42.9%, FT: 69.6%. King has played also professionally in Greece (Aris), Cyprus (Etha) and Germany (Deutsche Bank Skyliners). He attended University of Miami, Florida until 2008 and it will be his ninth season as a professional player. The scouts decsribe him following way:
Gives the team an additional scoring threat in the post as well as rebounding... physical performer who doesn't mind mixing it up down low... gives the team added toughness in the paint.
Received Cypriot passport in June 2012.
Michelin Etha Engomis Nicosia (Division A) inked 26-year old American guard Baden Jaxen (190-82kg-90, college: N.Carolina), formally know as Dexter Strickland. He played most recently at Moncton Miracles in Canadian NBL. In 43 NBL Canada games he averaged impressive 15.9ppg, 4.2rpg, 4.5apg and 1.5spg last season. A very good year in his career as he was selected to USBasket.com All-NBL Canada 3rd Team. He attended University of North Carolina until 2013 and it will be his fourth season in... [read more]
Michelin Etha Engomis Nicosia (Division A) inked 26-year old American guard Baden Jaxen (190-82kg-90, college: N.Carolina), formally know as Dexter Strickland. He played most recently at Moncton Miracles in Canadian NBL. In 43 NBL Canada games he averaged impressive 15.9ppg, 4.2rpg, 4.5apg and 1.5spg last season. A very good year in his career as he was selected to USBasket.com All-NBL Canada 3rd Team. He attended University of North Carolina until 2013 and it will be his fourth season in pro basketball. Jaxen's game is described as:
More a combo guard that a PG now, but has an excellent playmaking ability that can grant him a bright future. Has great personality, with willingness to take clutch shots. Also, he is a tough player who can defend well.
Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Eurobasket Inc. Disclaimer
Do not copy, redistribute, publish or otherwise exploit information that you download from the site !
Do not encumber, license, modify, publish, sell, transfer or transmit, or in any way exploit, any of the
content of the site, nor will you attempt to do so.