1) New season in Pizza Express Apollon Limassol, what are you goals with the team? First want to thank God and Apollon amazing organization for bringing me in as 1 of their Professional Athletes for the 2012/2013 Euro Season. My goal is to be a leader and professional on and off the court for Pizza Express Apollon Limassol. Help my Team Win a Championship and represent my country and the country of Cyprus with pride and respect. Because not to many people get the chance God has bless me with by being here playing with the name Pizza Express Apollon Limassol on the front of my jersey
2) You have the fame of the fan favorite everywhere you go how comes? Hahahaha thats a blessing that God has blessed me with, but I think its because when people watch me play. They see Im not just playing the sport to win. But Im having fun on the court also. Plus the style of game I play makes it always an exciting game. I try my hardest to give the fans what they pay their hard earned $$$ to watch the game, because you never know what type of MaJic imam show you.
3) Basketball people in Cyprus want to know more about you, can you introduce yourself. First thing of all Im truly happy to be in your country showing my talent. And Im here to win. Next I want to show love for my hometown Baltimore City. Its a big reason of my success today other then God and my family and friends who always believed in me. Baltimore was very rough for me growing up. So it makes me strong on and off the court because I know if anyone can make it on the streets of Baltimore City. You can make it through life anywhere. Next a lot of people ask me how I got the name MaJic. Well it was a name giving to me during a TV Show I did for ESPN called "AND 1 STREETBALL THE LIFE" during that time I was the #1 point guard in USA for Juco College Basketball. Furthermore I was invited to NBA Pre Draft Camp Top 60 players in the world. And NBA scouts was still calling Magic. But NBA great Magic Johnson was the real Magic. So I wasn't going to use it no more. But I was picked to do a TV Show for Magic Johnson on MTV and he said don't worry u can use it. Just change the spelling of it. So I paid to copy write it and changed it to the spelling MaJic. So its my official name on my driving License now.
4) Apollon team want to challenge for the title this year and eventually to win it, what is your personal ambition with the team considering the fact that Apollon never won the title before? My main reason for coming here this season is to help lead Apollon to its first ever championship, along with the head coach and assistant coaching staff that we have. I think we can do that this season. The recruiting job the coaches did is amazing. We have every piece to win it all. Plus the way the coaches coach makes the game fun and a lot easier to learn from mistakes we all make on the court. Theres nothing like having a player coach. And thats they way they coaching us. They see the things we need to approve in as players on and off the court and apply it to practice and every day normal life since I been here. That makes my job a whole lot easier, as the leader and point guard of the team. Whatever coach tell me to do thats what I tell the players to do and let everything else take its place through God
5) You have some days in Cyprus and pre-season already started how you see things developing I came here to work. And since I landed of the plane here in Cyprus thats what I been doing. This team is about to be something special. I really feel that. Every coach, every player, every organization staff member is doing their part to make sure we are a winning team. So that feeling is good also to see that happening. All I can say is I would make this home for me forever. Because its one of the most gorgeous beaches and places I have ever been. The food is amazing. The people are amazing, and Im big on great weather. I talk with each player, and we all feel the same way. So everyone working hard to make sure they stay apart of this team. So things are developing quickly and more than any team I have ever played on in my professional career.
6) Did you know anything for Apollon before you sign up? If you a real professional basketball athlete overseas. Then everyone knows about basketball in Cyprus, and that Apollon is one of the best Clubs in this country along with a few others. Thats why when they contact me to sign a 1 year deal. I didn't hesitate to join.
7) Do you know anyone of your new teammates? Yes I teamed with Brandon Brown in Mexico for Power House Xalapa Halcones and also we teamed in Ecuador for 2011 National League Champs "Mavort" also i knew of Diego, Gerald and Jaron before I joined team and knew they was great players and would be big pieces to the puzzle of winning a ship.
8) Apollon has European game in a few days, how prepared will be the team? From the look of our team as a point guard I think we going be something very special this season. We only been together a week. But that vibe and feeling is just amazing right now, but we will see in a few days just how special things will turn out for all of us.
9) Apollon fans are demanding are you ready to bring them some success to the club? Yes I have heard of how demanding they are, but I also heard how amazing there are also. I heard they the type of fans that got your back as long as you got there back. And to me thats what family do. So Im just happy to be a part of the family and hope my new family ready for work and for a great show. They do their part and we do our part and at the end of the day we all go home as WINNERS!
10) Give us your message for the fans For my fans around the world. You know how much I love y'all. Thanks for always being there for me, and showing me love and support. No matter what country Im in performing my God giving talent. You know where to reach me. If you have any questions or need advice. Im here for you just as well as you always there for me. "God Bless and thank you so much for Believing in MaJic" Grrrrrrrrr <<>><<>>
The first official game of the season found the champions to add another trophy in their series, as the team of Coach Linos Gavriel beat quite easy APOEL of the Greek Coach Jimmy Koustenis with 92-75 proving from the early beginning that things may stay the same for another one season [read more]
The first official game of the season found the champions to add another trophy in their series, as the team of Coach Linos Gavriel beat quite easy APOEL of the Greek Coach Jimmy Koustenis with 92-75 proving from the early beginning that things may stay the same for another one season. AEK Larnakas with the most expensive roster of the league having in its roster an amazing duet, Tore Jamal Thomas and Alexis Harris show no mercy and especially after the 21st minute they took the lead and never watch back. The score in the second time was 52-30!! APOEL begun the game very well but somewhere in the middle of the game the strength and passion from Koustenis players was not enough to compete the furious champions who had three players in double digits and another three very close to the double digits, while Coach Gavriel use his 11 out of 12 players (only the veteran Garcia remain at bench) splitting the time quite balanced while he saw Alexis Harris being in an amazing shape scoring 20 points with nearly perfect stats, dashing down 4 rebounds, sharing 2 assists and gaining three fouls remaining in the court the longest than all his team-mates
Correcaminos ink Ryan McCoy, ex Apollon - 3 days ago
follow us on
Correcaminos UAT Victoria (LNBP) agreed terms with 29-year old American point guard Ryan McCoy (183-79kg-87, college: La-Lafayette, agency: Haylett Sports). He played last season at Apollon in Cypriot Division A. In three games he had 8.0ppg, 3.3rpg, 4 [read more]
Correcaminos UAT Victoria (LNBP) agreed terms with 29-year old American point guard Ryan McCoy (183-79kg-87, college: La-Lafayette, agency: Haylett Sports). He played last season at Apollon in Cypriot Division A. In three games he had 8.0ppg, 3.3rpg, 4.3apg and 1.0spg. The previous (2015) summer McCoy was tested by Gaiteros in Venezuela LPB where in 5 games he recorded 12.2ppg, 4.2rpg and 3.8apg in 2015 season. The list of the past achievements is quite long as among others his team made it to the Dominican Rep. LNB Semifinals in 2014. McCoy was also voted Latinbasket.com All-Venezuelan LPB 1st Team in 2014. He is quite experienced player. McCoy has played also professionally in Uruguay (Olimpia), Dominican Republic (Leones de Santo Domingo), NEBA (Houston Xperience), Mexico (Gansos) and ABA (Sugar Land L.). He attended University Louisiana at Lafayette until 2010 and it will be his seventh season as a professional player. On McCoy:
True point guard with great upside. Excellent ball handler with great court vision. Looks to pass first, but can knock down the deep ball. Plays solid perimeter defense. Excellent speed. Doesn't shy away from crashing the boards. Strong work ethic.
Keravnos Strovolou (Division A) confirmed in their roster 27-year old American forward Jake O'Brien (206-100kg-89, college: Temple, agency: HMS). He played there last season. In 20 Division A games he had 11.2ppg, 6.7rpg and 1.0apg. O'Brien helped them to end the regular season as a second best team in the league. Quite impressive season as he was named to Eurobasket.com Cyprus League All-Imports Team and 2nd Team. The previous (14-15) season he played at Eisbaeren Bremerhaven in German B... [read more]
Keravnos Strovolou (Division A) confirmed in their roster 27-year old American forward Jake O'Brien (206-100kg-89, college: Temple, agency: HMS). He played there last season. In 20 Division A games he had 11.2ppg, 6.7rpg and 1.0apg. O'Brien helped them to end the regular season as a second best team in the league. Quite impressive season as he was named to Eurobasket.com Cyprus League All-Imports Team and 2nd Team. The previous (14-15) season he played at Eisbaeren Bremerhaven in German BBL where in 23 games he recorded 7.0ppg and 3.1rpg. O'Brien's college team won AEC Tournament in 2011. He has played previously professionally in Ukraine (Zaporizhya) and D-League (Northern Arizona Suns). O'Brien attended Temple University until 2013 and it will be his fourth season as a professional player.
Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Eurobasket Inc. Disclaimer
Do not copy, redistribute, publish or otherwise exploit information that you download from the site !
Do not encumber, license, modify, publish, sell, transfer or transmit, or in any way exploit, any of the
content of the site, nor will you attempt to do so.