Eurobasket had the pleasure of sitting with Montepaschi Siena superstar - Bobby Brown (188-PG-84, college: CS Fullerton)
1. What kind of man is Bobby Brown in private life? I am A hard-working man, family guy. I miss my family a lot, I talk with them a LOT, I think I am positive guy, I love to laugh, I love to be around people, IM A PEOPLE PERSON JUST A FUN LOVING GUY.
2. Do you like Italian lifestyle? The country and the people? Obviously, I like it a lot. I like this city, also other: Florence, Rome. The food here is amazing, I love Italian food. Shopping here is great. Life in Italy is real good taking the countries I played in this is one of the top.
3. In Montepaschi Siena you replaced GRANDE Bo McCalebb, who won Euroleague Alphonso Ford Throphy last season. Was it a big challenge for you? Yeah, definitely it was a big challenge when I come here. My agent told me before I came here: U know U are going to Siena replacing a good player Bo McCalleb, you have to fill those shoes, are U ready for this challenge? And I told them I was, we made the deal complete. I came here, I tried to play hard, try to be consistent and help the team win. So far, things have been going good.
4. Few weeks ago U had opportunity to play against Bo, and both you and your team played better than him and Montepaschi. What was your teams attitude to that game? And what was your approach? It was a big motivation for us to go there and play in tough environment and try to win. We know all the things as far as coaching, they were understanding both, switching teams We came out victorious, it was a big win for us. We were happy and pround. I think it was a big motivation for everybody to try win this game.
5. You have played for Polish Champions Asseco Prokom Gdynia in 2010, how do you recall this period? It wasnt really successful season for U, was it? Definitely, it wasnt good season for me. It was a tough one for me that season or half a season I played. my euroleague experience wasnt so great. But I think it motivated me to prove everybody to get back to that level, and show people who complained. You know when I left there, I cleared my mind and said I wanna be a complete player and show people I can play this game and I can play on this level. That was my motivation.
6. Few weeks ago U have been to Gdynia again. How did it feel like? I felt good going back to Gdynia. I've been playing for a while since that happened and I think I let it all out on the court and I tried to win the game as much as possible. That was definitely motivational game for me given the situation I was in. and that was fine.
7. Is there anything you particularly miss from Poland? Not really. There was freezing cold there. But I miss some of Polish teammates I kind of miss there were some good guys, they showed me around the city and are definitely good friends of mine.
8. How would you summarize your time in NBA? In which team have U felt the best? My NBA experience was amazing. It was the best job Ive ever had. NBA is a like the best job ever. I get to be at home and play in front of my family in LA. But the best experience was when I played was New Orleans. We had a great coach, a balanced guy, he showed me the ropes, taught me lot of stuff on how to be complete point guard on and off the court, maturity things, it's definitely being like brothers for me. But I have to say New orleans was the best experience.
9. European basketball is very different than American, isnt it? Which style do you prefer? I prefer NBA style. There is a lot more room to operate as far as a point guard. It's easier for guards like myself to create more than in European game.
10. Uve been chosen MVP of the week three times this season, U scored 41 points against Fenerbahce. There are some gossips that U will go back to NBA after this season. Is there any chance for it? Well have to see in summer. If there is a chance for me to go back to NBA that would be great for me and my family, but if there is a great chance for me come back play on a Euroleague team or come back to Siena, that would be great as well. I will have to see what happens in the summertime. So far, its looking ok for both situations.
11. What do you do in your spare time? What are your passions? Spare time I sleep a lot, I eat a lot, and I am watching a lot of movies. I have a Play station 3 but I really dont play it that much. Usually just watching music, surfing the web, do some online shopping, but mainly sleeping a lot.
12. Your favorite team? Basketball team I really dont have a favorite team, I follow all my buddies that play different teams.
13. Movie? My favorite movie right now it Dark night rises The new Batman movie. I watched it again for the fourth time last night.. it's pretty good.
14. What kind of music do listen to? I listen to all music alternative, hip-hop, rap,R&B, I dont listen country music, but I will allow it a bit. I listen to all genres.
15. U play with no 6 on ur shirt. Is it your favorite number? Does this number have any meaning for U ? Yeah, It does. My first professional number in Berlin, and we won championship this time. So I got It again and hopefully we'll win championship again. I also had it in NBA as well, but it's definitely because it's my first professional number. My favorite number is number 3, but they didn't have it here.
16. Who is your idol on the court? And out of the court? Ben Davis, he's retired now. when he played he was my idol. I grew up watching him playing in LA. And definitely playing pick-up and 1-on-1 with him was a big help for me. He's my idol. Out of court my dad, hes been there for me since I was a little kid, since I was born. He showed me the difference between the right and wrong, respecting people. Just being an adult, being respectable kid growing up. He showed me the ropes, he taught me a lot and he's always been one of my big fans him and my mum that's who I look up to.
Euroleague round 2 best performance: Vassilis Spanoulis - 7 hours ago
follow us on
Shooting guard Vassilis Spanoulis (193-SG-82, agency: BeoBasket) put on an amazing game in the last round for Olympiacos, receiving a Eurobasket.com Player of the Week award for round 2. The 34-year old player was the main contributor (17 points, three rebounds and nine assists) to his team's victory, helping them to crush Anadolu Efes (#14, 0-2) with 24-point margin 90-66. Olympiacos is placed at 7th position in Euroleague. They need more victories to improve their 1-1 record. Spanoulis... [read more]
Shooting guard Vassilis Spanoulis (193-SG-82, agency: BeoBasket) put on an amazing game in the last round for Olympiacos, receiving a Eurobasket.com Player of the Week award for round 2. The 34-year old player was the main contributor (17 points, three rebounds and nine assists) to his team's victory, helping them to crush Anadolu Efes (#14, 0-2) with 24-point margin 90-66. Olympiacos is placed at 7th position in Euroleague. They need more victories to improve their 1-1 record. Spanoulis has many years of experience at Olympiacos, through which he has constantly improved. Vassilis Spanoulis has solid league stats. He is in league's top in assists (6th best: 7.0apg) and averages impressive 44.4% from behind 3-point line.
The second best player in last round's games was 28-year old American Alex Tyus (203-C-88) of Galatasaray. Tyus had a very good evening with 19 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists. Bad luck as Galatasaray was edged by Crvena Zvezda (1-1) 85-83. The season is still at the very beginning and this lost game may not be such crucial, of course if they start win the games. Let's wait for the next round. Tyus is a newcomer at Galatasaray, but is already one of team's top players. He belongs to the best scorers in the league with 17.0ppg (#9). He also registered 5.0 boards per game.
Third on the list of top players last round was another Galatasaray's star - American forward Austin Daye (211-F-88, agency: Alti Sport). Daye scored 24 points and grabbed eight rebounds. Despite Daye's great performance Galatasaray lost 83-85 to Crvena Zvezda (#11, 1-1). But his team cannot count on just these two top stars as they also need help of the other teammates. Daye has individually a great season in Euroleague. After only 2 games, he made it on the list of the league's leaders in points with 18.0ppg (6th best).
Other top performing players last week: 4. Keith Langford (193-SG-83) of Unics - 24 points and 4 assists 5. Cedi Osman (204-F-95) of Anadolu Efes - 22 points and 6 rebounds 6. Leo Westermann (197-G-92) of Zalgiris - 20 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists 7. Coty Clarke (201-F-92) of Unics - 20 points and 7 rebounds 8. Nicolo Melli (205-PF-91) of Brose Bask. - 15 points, 7 rebounds and 2 assists 9. Nikolaos Zisis (197-G-83) of Brose Bask. - 16 points and 12 assists 10. Marko Simonovic (201-F-86) of Crvena Zvezda - 23 points and 4 rebounds
The Player of the week is chosen based on efficiency calculation, but also including game result, importance of the game, if played recorded double-double/triple-double, etc. The efficiency formula is a combination of various formulas used by different basketball organizations/leagues. We got involved many basketball scouts and journalists to assure it's accuracy. The formula: 1.5*PTS + 3* (REB+AST+ST+BL-TO) - 2*BSAG - 4*PF + 3*PFRV + 4* (2FGPM+3FGPM) + 1.5*FTM - 3* (2FGPA-2FGPM) - 3* (3FGPA-3FGPM) - (FTA-FTM)
Crvena Zvezda is close to land Nate Wolters - 8 hours ago
follow us on
Crvena Zvezda MTS Beograd (KLS) is close to sign 25-year old American point guard Nate Wolters (193-88kg-91, college: South Dakota State, agency: Pensack Sports) who currently played forDenver Nuggets in NBA. The last season Wolters played at Besiktas Sompo Japan Istanbul in Turkish BSL where in 21 games he had 11.6ppg, 4.6rpg and 5.4apg (top 5). He also played 10 games in Eurocup where he recorded very impressive stats: 15.6ppg, 4.2rpg, 5.3apg and 1.5spg. Three years ago Wolters was draf... [read more]
Crvena Zvezda MTS Beograd (KLS) is close to sign 25-year old American point guard Nate Wolters (193-88kg-91, college: South Dakota State, agency: Pensack Sports) who currently played for Denver Nuggets in NBA. The last season Wolters played at Besiktas Sompo Japan Istanbul in Turkish BSL where in 21 games he had 11.6ppg, 4.6rpg and 5.4apg (top 5). He also played 10 games in Eurocup where he recorded very impressive stats: 15.6ppg, 4.2rpg, 5.3apg and 1.5spg. Three years ago Wolters was drafted by Washington Wizards (NBA) in second round (38th overall). He attended South Dakota State until 2013 and it may be his fourth season in pro basketball. The list of the past achievements is quite long as among others Wolters' college team won Summit League Tournament for two years in a row (2012 and 2013). He was also voted All-Summit League Player of the Year and USBWA All-District VI 1st Team back in 2013. Wolters has played previously professionally in NBA (New Orleans Pelicans and Milwaukee Bucks) and D-League (Grand Rapids Drive).
FC Barcelona - Fenerbahce 72-73 The most crucial game of the last round was a loss of Spanish FC Barcelona (1-1) at the home court on Friday night. Hosts were edged by Turkish Fenerbahce (2-0) 73-72. The guests took control from the first minutes by winning first half. But FC Barcelona won third quarter 15-13. However it was not enough to take a lead and get a victory that evening. It was a great shooting night for Fenerbahce especially from behind the arc, where they had solid 52.4 perc... [read more]
The most crucial game of the last round was a loss of Spanish FC Barcelona (1-1) at the home court on Friday night. Hosts were edged by Turkish Fenerbahce (2-0) 73-72. The guests took control from the first minutes by winning first half. But FC Barcelona won third quarter 15-13. However it was not enough to take a lead and get a victory that evening. It was a great shooting night for Fenerbahce especially from behind the arc, where they had solid 52.4 percentage. Greek guard Konstantinos Sloukas (197-90) scored 15 points and 4 assists to lead the charge for the winners and American-Turkish point guard Bobby Dixon (178-83, college: Troy, agency: BeoBasket) chipped in 15 points during the contest. Four Fenerbahce players scored in double figures. American-Montenegrin point guard Tyrese Rice (185-87, college: Boston Coll.) responded with 19 points and 6 assists and Croatia center Ante Tomic (217-87, agency: XL Basketball Agency) scored 12 points and 8 rebounds. Both coaches used bench players in such tough game. Fenerbahce is looking forward to face Zalgiris (#10) in Kaunas in the next round and are hoping to win another game. FC Barcelona will play on the road against Crvena Zvezda (#11) in Beograd and is hoping to win this game. Top scorers: Fenerbahce: B.Dixon 15+1reb+3ast, K.Sloukas 15+1reb+4ast, B.Bogdanovic 12+2reb+4ast, E.Udoh 10+8reb, N.Kalinic 7+4reb+3ast, P.Antic 6+1reb FC Barcelona: T.Rice 19+2reb+6ast, S.Perperoglou 14+2reb+2ast, A.Tomic 12+8reb, A.Vezenkov 7+2reb+4ast, B.Oleson 7+2reb+6ast, J.Dorsey 7+5reb+1ast
There was a minor upset in Kaunas where Spanish Baskonia (1-1) was defeated by Lithuania Zalgiris (1-1) 78-73 on Friday. Baskonia was tied after three quarters but could not keep up in the last quarter eventually losing the game. Zalgiris made 17-of-22 free shots (77.3 percent) during the game. French guard Leo Westermann (197-92, agency: BeoBasket) scored 20 points and 4 assists to lead the charge for the winners and Paulius Jankunas (205-84) chipped in 6 points and 9 rebounds during the contest. Hungarian Adam Hanga (199-89, agency: Octagon Europe) responded with 18 points and 4 assists and American point guard Shane Larkin (180-92, college: Miami, FL) scored 11 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists. Four Baskonia players scored in double figures. Both coaches allowed to play bench players in such tough game. Zalgiris will face Fenerbahce (#4) in Istanbul in the next round and it may be quite challenging game. Baskonia will play on the road against Real Madrid and hope to win that game. Top scorers: Zalgiris: L.Westermann 20+4reb+4ast, B.Motum 12+3reb, A.Milaknis 9+1reb, E.Ulanovas 8+3reb+2ast, A.Kavaliauskas 7+4reb+2ast, L.Lekavicius 6+2reb+5ast Baskonia: A.Hanga 18+2reb+4ast, A.Bargnani 17+3reb, T.Shengelia 13+3reb+1ast, S.Larkin 11+5reb+6ast, J.Akognon 4+1ast, J.Voigtmann 4+1reb
Russian host CSKA (2-0) defeated Greek Panathinaikos (1-1) 81-77. Panathinaikos were trailing by 5 points at halftime but managed to get 1-point lead after three quarters before a 24-19 charge of CSKA, which allowed them to win the game. The best player for the winners was French Nando De Colo (196-87) who scored 20 points and 4 assists. Forward Andrey Vorontsevich (207-87) chipped in 20 points. American-Greek point guard Nick Calathes (198-89, college: Florida) produced 10 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists and American forward Demetris Nichols (202-84, college: Syracuse, agency: BeoBasket) added 20 points respectively for the guests. Both coaches allowed to play bench players in such tough game. CSKA will meet Anadolu Efes (#14) in the next round which should be an easy win for them. Panathinaikos will play against Brose Baskets (#9) in Bamberg and hope to win that game. Top scorers: CSKA: A.Vorontsevich 20+4reb+1ast, N.De Colo 20+1reb+4ast, A.Jackson 9+3reb+1ast, V.Fridzon 8+3reb, J.Augustine 8+7reb, M.Teodosic 6+2reb+9ast Panathinaikos: D.Nichols 20+4reb+2ast, K.Rivers 16+2reb, N.Calathes 10+9reb+8ast, C.Singleton 8+7reb+4ast, J.Gist 8+1ast, I.Bourousis 6+3reb+1ast
A very interesting game took place in Istanbul. It ended with only two-point home defeat of Turkish Galatasaray (0-2) to Serbian Crvena Zvezda (1-1) 85-83 on Friday evening. Galatasaray was tied at the half but could not keep up in last two quarters eventually losing the game. Crvena Zvezda made 23-of-29 charity shots (79.3 percent) during the game. It was a great shooting night for Crvena Zvezda especially from behind the arc, where they had solid 53.3 percentage. Forward Marko Simonovic (201-86, agency: BeoBasket) orchestrated the victory by scoring 23 points. Guard Stefan Jovic (198-90) contributed with 14 points and 9 assists for the winners. Five Crvena Zvezda players scored in double figures. American forward Austin Daye (211-88, college: Gonzaga, agency: Alti Sport) replied with 24 points and 8 rebounds and American-Israeli center Alex Tyus (203-88, college: Florida) added 19 points, 5 rebounds and 4 blocks (on 9-of-11 shooting from the field) in the effort for Galatasaray. Galatasaray's coach tried various players' combinations and tested in total twelve players in this game, but that didn't help. Crvena Zvezda's next round opponent will be FC Barcelona (#8) at home. Galatasaray will play against Maccabi T-A (#13) in Tel-Aviv and hope to win that game. Top scorers: Crvena Zvezda: M.Simonovic 23+4reb, S.Jovic 14+2reb+9ast, O.Kuzmic 11+7reb, M.Guduric 11+2reb+5ast, M.Bjelica 10+5reb, N.Dangubic 9+2reb Galatasaray: A.Daye 24+8reb+1ast, A.Tyus 19+5reb+2ast, J.Dentmon 12+1reb+4ast, G.Koksal 8+3reb+1ast, D.Thompson 4+2reb, R.Smith 4+2reb+1ast
Very significant was Italian Armani Milano's (#8) just 1-point road victory against Turkish Darussafaka81-80. The guests took control from the first minutes by winning first half. But Darussafaka won third quarter 17-14. However it was not enough to take a lead and get a victory that evening. They outrebounded Darussafaka 38-23 including 25 on the defensive glass. Serbian Milan Macvan (206-89) notched 19 points and 6 rebounds (on 8-of-10 shooting from the field) to lead the effort and American forward Jamel McLean (203-88, college: Xavier, agency: BeoBasket) supported him with 11 points and 8 rebounds. Even 20 points and 5 rebounds by French Adrien Moerman (202-88) did not help to save the game for Darussafaka. American guard Brad Wanamaker (193-89, college: Pittsburgh) added 16 points and 6 assists for the hosts. Both teams had four players each who scored in double figures. Both coaches tested many bench players in such tough game. Armani Milano will play against Olympiacos (#7) in Athens in the next round where they are favorite. Darussafaka will play on the road against Unics Kazan to get more than just one victory in their record. Top scorers: EA7 Armani: M.Macvan 19+6reb+3ast, M.Kalnietis 11+2reb+3ast, J.McLean 11+8reb+1ast, A.Gentile 10+3reb+2ast, K.Simon 7+4reb+2ast, Z.Dragic 7+2reb+1ast Darussafaka: A.Moerman 20+5reb, B.Wanamaker 16+1reb+6ast, J.Anderson 14+2reb+2ast, S.Wilbekin 13+1reb+6ast, W.Clyburn 8+3reb, D.Bertans 3
Important game to mention about took place in Bamberg. German Brose Baskets (1-1) saved a 3-point victory at home edging Russia Unics Kazan (0-2) 89-86 on Thursday evening. Host team only slightly avoided a big embarassment. The hosts trailed by 7 points after three quarters before their 29-19 charge, which allowed them to win the game. Brose Baskets made 22-of-23 free shots (95.7 percent) during the game. They looked well-organized offensively handing out 21 assists. Greek guard Nikolaos Zisis (197-83) had a double-double by scoring 16 points and 12 assists to lead the charge for the winners and Italian Nicolo Melli (205-91) chipped in 15 points and 7 rebounds (was perfect 7-for-7 from the free throw line) during the contest. Brose Baskets' coach used an eleven-player rotation in such tough game. American Keith Langford (193-83, college: Kansas) responded with 24 points and 4 assists (was perfect 8-for-8 from the free throw line) and his fellow American import forward Coty Clarke (201-92, college: Arkansas) scored 20 points and 7 rebounds. Both teams had four players each who scored in double figures. Brose Baskets will face Panathinaikos (#5) in Athens in the next round. Unics Kazan will play at home against Darussafaka (#6) and hope to win that game. Top scorers: Brose Bask.: J.Strelnieks 17+1reb, N.Zisis 16+12ast, D.Miller 15+7reb+1ast, N.Melli 15+7reb+2ast, D.Theis 7+5reb, V.Veremeenko 6+2reb+1ast Unics: K.Langford 24+1reb+4ast, C.Clarke 20+7reb, J.Colom 15+1reb+2ast, A.Parakhouski 11+7reb, L.Williams 9+7reb, K.Kaimakoglou 3+3reb+1ast
Very predictable result in Tel-Aviv where Spanish Real Madrid (2-0) defeated Israeli Maccabi T-A (0-2) 89-82 on Thursday. The guests took control from the first minutes by winning first half. But Maccabi T-A won third quarter 24-16. However it was not enough to take a lead and get a victory that evening. Sergio Llull (190-87) had a double-double by scoring 14 points and 11 assists to lead the charge for the winners and American-Azerbaijani guard Jaycee Carroll (188-83) chipped in 18 points during the contest. American forward Victor Rudd (205-91, college: S.Florida) responded with 18 points and 7 rebounds and his fellow American import guard Andrew Goudelock (190-88, college: Charleston) scored 16 points and 5 assists. Five Maccabi T-A players scored in double figures. Both coaches allowed to play bench players saving starting five for next games. Real Madrid will face Baskonia (#12) in Vitoria in the next round which should be an easy win for them. Maccabi T-A will play at home against Galatasaray and hope to win that game. Top scorers: Real Madrid: J.Carroll 18+3reb, R.Fernandez 16+1ast, S.Llull 14+2reb+11ast, A.Randolph 9+5reb, G.Ayon 9+8reb+3ast, O.Hunter 7+5reb Maccabi T-A: V.Rudd 18+7reb+1ast, A.Goudelock 16+3reb+5ast, S.Weems 15+4reb+5ast, D.Seeley 10+4reb+1ast, C.Iverson 10+6reb+1ast, M.Zirbes 6+2reb+1ast
Olympiacos used a home court advantage and rolled over the opponent from Istanbul 90-66 on Thursday night. The game was mostly controlled by Olympiacos. Anadolu Efes was better in second period 17-13. But it was not enough to take a lead and get a victory that evening. They made 20-of-26 free shots (76.9 percent) during the game. Anadolu Efes were plagued by 26 personal fouls down the stretch. Vassilis Spanoulis (193-82, agency: BeoBasket) scored 17 points and 9 assists to lead the charge for the winners and Georgios Printezis (204-85, agency: Octagon Europe) chipped in 15 points and 6 rebounds during the contest. Four Olympiacos players scored in double figures. FYR Macedonia-Turkish forward Cedi Osman (204-95) responded with 22 points and 6 rebounds and American forward Derrick Brown (203-87, college: Xavier) scored 10 points and 6 rebounds. The winner was already known earlier in the game, so both coaches allowed to play the bench players saving starting five for next games. Olympiacos will face Armani Milano at home in the next round and it may be quite challenging game. Anadolu Efes will play against CSKA (#3) and hope to win that game. Top scorers: Olympiacos: V.Spanoulis 17+3reb+9ast, G.Printezis 15+6reb+1ast, M.Lojeski 14+2reb, E.Green 11+1reb+1ast, K.Papanikolaou 8+3reb+1ast, N.Milutinov 8+7reb+1ast Anadolu Efes: C.Osman 22+6reb, D.Thomas 10+5reb+1ast, D.Brown 10+6reb+2ast, J.Granger 6+2reb+1ast, T.Honeycutt 6+9reb+2ast, B.Dunston 5+8reb
Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Eurobasket Inc. Disclaimer
Do not copy, redistribute, publish or otherwise exploit information that you download from the site !
Do not encumber, license, modify, publish, sell, transfer or transmit, or in any way exploit, any of the
content of the site, nor will you attempt to do so.